Hearing Loss Accessibility-Virtual Edition
The COVID-19 pandemic has shifted the way we work and interact on a day to day basis. Virtual announcements and meetings are more common than ever whether it is a doctor’s visit or just a department meeting. This presentation is designed to help participants learn how to setup up video conferencing calls with accessibility in mind on the various platforms, what technology doesn’t work and some tips on how to make a content on a video accessible for the hearing loss community.
- Understand what Remote Interpreting is and what it is about
- Understanding the limitations of Relay services in a video conference call.
- Understand how to make Telemedicine more “Hearing Loss-friendly”
- Understand which video conference platforms are most effective for the various members of the hearing loss community
- Understand how to provide captioning during a video call.
- Understand how to use accessibility settings and features in video conferencing platforms before meetings, when creating invitations, and during video conferences.
- Understand how to make videos accessible for the hearing loss community.